Another semi-paleo-wannabe dessert. Because, let’s be honest. Even if a dessert completely follows the strict paleo/primal guidelines, it’s still semi-paleo-wannabe goodness. Cavemen didn’t eat desserts. At least, not that we know of.
natural unsweetened unprocessed cocoa
one stick melted butter
sugar (or honey, for a paleo option)
1 teaspoon virgin expeller pressed coconut oil
Additional, Optional Ingredients:
peanut butter (NOT paleo, but who doesn’t LOVE peanut butter fudge??)
pumpkin pie spice
Additionally, you can replace 1/2 stick of butter with coconut oil.
1. Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend.
2. Place saran wrap in a loaf pan, being sure to have plenty of extra.
3. Pour fudge mix into the pan.
4. Lightly fold the saran wrap over top of the mix and gently press down until the mix is however thick you want your final product to be. Obviously thicker fudge makes less pieces. I always go for about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Finish wrapping the mix, and put it, pan and all, into the freezer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the pan from the freezer and either eat the fudge, or put it in the fridge. Without the pan.
I actually managed to ruin a loaf pan by leaving it in the fridge for a few days. No idea what happened. Probably because I buy the cheapest pans I can find at Walmart, which is an assorted five pan set for five dollars. Yeah, I’m cheap. Whatever.