I am just terrible. I’ve been away for quite some time. I already mentioned that I’m really, really bad about keeping up with things like this, though.
We have floors in our house now, so I got new toys. I got a new vacuum and a steam mop. It’s a cheapie vacuum, but I love it. My only issue is that the hose is a tad short for my tastes. But if I really need a long hose I guess I can unearth the shop vac (joy). I lovelovelove my steam mop. I got the Shark. Mainly because it’s by Europro, the same company that makes my beloved Ninja blender and food processor. Buuut Alex says we’re taking the steam mop back, and he’ll get me a real steamer, because apparently the mop isn’t good enough. I use it for deep cleaning, it’s not really made for that. So, bummer.
It’s just so nice to be able to walk around on a nice clean floor, and not have to worry about splinters or getting staples/nails in your foot.
Also, I made cookies yesterday. I call them chocolate semi-paleo-wannabe cookies because they are just that. I adapted a gluten free recipe from hersheyskitchens. I am so bad. But it’s our anniversary, dammit, and we’re working a lot, and I got all hormonal and felt emotionally insecure, so hush it I wanted my cookies.
3-4 tablespoons unsweetened unprocessed cocoa powder
2 – 2.5/3 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, shaken well
1/4-1/3 cup 100% natural pure cane sugar (this is where the semi-paleo comes in)
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon virgin expeller pressed coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Dump the cocoa into a bowl.
3. I had shelled walnuts that weren’t chopped, so I threw them into my processor and then dumped them in on top of the cocoa.
4. Add the coconut milk. I know my measurement doesn’t make sense. You know I’m not good with measurements.
5. Add the sugar. Mix everything together, add the coconut oil, then mix again.
6. Drop spoonfuls onto a foil lined cookie sheet. I pressed mine down slightly. These cookies don’t change shape, they just set and firm up.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes.
If you don’t like being healthy you can view the original recipe here.
I only left out the vanilla because I’m a freakazoid and allergic to it. Don’t ask me, I don’t make the rules.
Careful, now, though. Don’t make these too often. Walnuts have super high levels of Omega-6.
So eating these for breakfast.