So I really like apples. Lately, though, I’ve been wanting something more than apple slices. I do make baked apples, which I have posted about before, but I really wanted something unhealthy and fattening and disgusting that I would regret eating an hour later when the pains started. Sooooo… enter my version of an apple crisp. It qualifies for Paleo!
apple pie spice
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Slice and peel your apples. Place them in a baking dish.
3. Add apple pie spice to taste and mix well to coat the apple slices.
4. Add several pats of butter over top of the apples.
5. Put your walnuts through the food processor until the ground meal becomes very slightly sticky. Add a little apple pie spice when you do this.
6. Add the walnut meal over top of the apples.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes. After this time, take it out and make sure everything’s going well. Put it back in the oven for another 25 minutes. After 15, I stirred everything together. You don’t have to do that, though.
When it’s all done, eat some. It’s good. It’s not quite crispy, but it works. I’m too cheap to buy Paleo-approved flours (sorry, they’re ridiculously expensive), so walnut meal it is…